Sunday, April 16, 2017

Week 13 Drake

Blog sheet Week 13:



1. Provide the updated computer drawing for your individual RG setup.



2. Explain your setup.

In my setup, Mohammad's Rube Goldberg device ends with dominoes that will start my motor which will release the marble ball down the mechanical device I created, and it will flip the switch once it reaches the goal.  Once the switch is flipped, my second relay is triggered which will start Liam's Rube Goldberg device by knocking over his dominoes.

3. Provide photos of the circuit and setup.

Above is the mechanical device and below is a video of the whole circuit.







4. Provide at least 2 new videos of your setup in action, one being a failed attempt.


The video above is the successful circuit.  You can't really see the light or the goal turn on, but it worked.  Below was a failed attempt.  The reason that it failed was because the ball didn't flip the switch hard enough and it failed to work.




Above is another failed attempt that I had, not while the whole design was running but when I was designing the switch to turn the goal on.  I had accidentally installed the switch backwards so instead of it turning on to say "GOAL" it was already on and pressing the switch turned it off.

5. What failures did you have? How did you overcome them?

One of the biggest failures that I had was when the ball came down the ramps that it wasn't getting enough power to flip the switch and turn on the second relay/LED/GOAL.  The reason that this was happening was because the ramps were too wide.  The marble was losing energy while it was going down the ramps and instead, I skinnied up the ramps, and the marble had a direct path to hitting and flipping the switch.

6. Group task: Explain your group RG setup.


Mohammad is applying a light to the photosensor and the PS makes the relay turn on, then the relay turns on the motor which drops his dominoes and then triggers my switch which turns on my motor that releases the ball.  The ball goes down my mechanical device and finally triggers my second switch, which lights up the letters "GOAL" on my second circuit board, triggers the relay, and starts my timer.  Once my timer is done it will start my second motor, which will knock over dominoes and start Liam's circuit.

This RG trial of mine failed because we forgot to turn the power on.  Also the marble didn't trigger my second switch anyways so I had to modify the track that the ball went on to make it more direct to the switch.



This trial ran perfectly.  I modified the track and the marble has a 100% direct path to the switch so it will not fail.



7. Group task: Video of a test run of your group RG.







8 comments:

  1. Circuitry needs to be more complicated, still. Your drawing is not acceptable at this point. Check others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the circuit you made. Your circuit drawing needs more work. I like that you lined up the 7 segment displays because I am using them to spell out 393 on my circuit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The set up is very mechanically intensive! Is the part with the dangling domino consistent or does it fail to trip the switch sometimes? Is there anyway to make it more stable so that it works every time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think your circuit is very good and complicated as well, i like the idea of using the switch to make the circuit work, i am wondering how you are going to trigger the next circuit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems as if Mohammad's circuit is very simple based off the explanation. Also, like Austin said, I am worried that your mechanical part is very hit or miss. I am sure you will take steps to make it more reliable if that is the case. Otherwise, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it hard to understand the circuit setup of your RB because there is so little explanation. There is very little detail to your schematic drawing. Also your videos are difficult to understand as there is little to no explanation with them.

    I do like your mechanical part to your RB, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it hard to understand the circuit setup of your RB because there is so little explanation. There is very little detail to your schematic drawing. Also your videos are difficult to understand as there is little to no explanation with them.

    I do like your mechanical part to your RB, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your mechanical part a lot! I agree with austin and some other people as well as the the consistency of it. Overall, I really like the outcome of what you built though.

    ReplyDelete